Area(s) of ExpertiseIllustration, Illustration Design, Portraiture
Terry Shoffner has taught in the Illustration Program at the OCAD University since 1980. He graduated from the University of Arkansas in 1971. In 1993 he received a Master's degree in Illustration from Syracuse University. His early work included Graphic Design and Television Art Direction. Over the past 40 years his work has appeared in magazines, books, advertising and design throughout North America, Europe and Asia. He has worked for many major corporations and won numerous awards. Over the past seventeen years he has produced more than 260 portraits for the Wall Street Journal in New York.
B.S.Ed., University of Arkansas
M.A., Syracuse University
- August - October, 2017: Solo Exhibition, Art Emporium, Fayetteville Arkansas, USA.
- June 3- June 31, 2016: Solo Exhibition, Fayetteville Underground Gallery, Fayetteville, Arkansas, USA.
- June 4-5, 2016: Taught two-day Plein Air Workshop at Crystal Bridges Museum of American Art, Bentonville, Arkansas, USA.
- 2007: Group Exhibition - Double Vision - Canadian Association of Photographers in Communication
- 2006: Group Exhibition - Double Vision - Canadian Association of Photographers in Communication
- 2005: Group Exhibition - Double Vision - Canadian Association of Photographers in Communication
- 2004 Group Exhibition - Illustrators Who Teach - Society of Illustrators - 128 East 63rd Street, NY
- 1999: Directed full-week intensive seminar - St. Lawrence College - Kingston, Ontario 1992 to present:
- Group Exhibition - "Baseball" - This exhibition opened at the Baseball Hall of Fame in Cooperstown, New York in 1992 and is travelling indefinitely, raising money for the Special Olympics.
Awards \ Grants
- 2007: Juror - Applied Arts Magazine's Annual Photography & Illustration Annual
- 2006: Applied Arts Magazine Awards Annual Competition - "Portrait of Mario Andresol" for the Wall Street Journal
- 2003-2004: Graphic Design USA - Award for Excellence in Communications - Cover Illustration for Reform Judaism Magazine "Roe vs. Wade revisited."
- 1995: Electronic Link Magazine
- 1994: Bronze Award - Canadian Association of Photographers and Illustrators in Communications - "Magic Pencils" (Self-promo)
- 1992: National Magazine Awards - Cottage Life Magazine