The exhibition, from May 3 to 7, takes place in three buildings across campus: the landmark Sharp Centre for Design at 100 McCaul St., and across the way at 113 and 115 McCaul St.
“This is a joyful time of year at OCAD University, when we welcome our local community to visit our campus and experience the immense talent of our graduating students as they prepare to set out for careers as creative professionals, researchers and entrepreneurs,” said Dr. Sara Diamond, President and Vice-Chancellor. “Our graduates are problem-solvers, risk-takers, collaborators and flexible thinkers and makers who will bring the transformative power of art and design to whatever field they choose.”
One graduating student in each program is awarded the OCAD University Medal in recognition of their creativity, innovation, mastery of technique and high academic achievement. This year, 22 medals will be awarded undergraduate and graduate students who excelled in their programs.
Undergraduate Medal Winners:
- Advertising – Justin Platnar
- Graphic Design – Tucker McLachlan
- Illustration – Andrew Watch
- Environmental Design – Shahrzad Nasiri
- Industrial Design – Martin Luu
- Material Art & Design – Mary K. McIntyre
- Digital Futures (co-medallists) – Parth Soni and Sally Luc
- Visual & Critical Studies – Sylvia Evans
- Criticism & Curatorial Practice – Tori Maas
- Cross-Disciplinary Art: Life Studies – Renee Hayward
- Drawing & Painting – Tia Cavanagh
- Integrated Media – Sid Tangerine
- Photography – Aaron Moore
- Printmaking – Jana Ghalayini
- Sculpture/Installation – Maha Khan
Graduate Medal Winners:
- Interdisciplinary Masters’ in Art, Media and Design – Annette Mangaard
- Digital Futures – Fusun Uzun
- Strategic Foresight and Innovation – Ryan J. A. Murphy
- Inclusive Design – Elizabeth Morris
- Criticism and Curatorial Practice – Elisha Lim
- Contemporary Art, Design and New Media Art Histories – Émilie Uzoma Jacob
GradEx 102 runs Wednesday, May 3, through Sunday, May 7.
The public is invited to attend opening night celebrations on Wednesday, May 3, from 6:30. to 11 p.m.* Admission is free.
A variety of student works will be available for purchase at feature sales from programs such as Photography and Printmaking.
For details and a complete event schedule, visit www.ocadu.ca/gradex or download the free smartphone app with information on wayfinding, exhibitors, medal winners and more at www.ocadu.ca/GradExApp .
OCAD University’s annual Graduate Exhibition is generously supported by Presenting Sponsor Mercedes-Benz Financial Services; Lead Event Sponsors Delaney Capital Management and First Capital Realty; Event Sponsor Borden Ladner Gervais LLP; Broadcast Media Sponsor CP24; and Media Sponsor Metro News.