The Centre for Emerging Artists & Designers (CEAD) is excited to announce the 6th annual Artscape Youngplace Career Launcher for graduating Photography students. This year, students are offered the opportunity to participate in a group exhibition in the Hallway Galleries of Artscape Youngplace. The curatorial team at Artscape will work with faculty, CEAD, and an OCAD U Photo alumni to transform the Hallway Galleries into a showcase of emerging contemporary photographic practices, for selected recipients.
As part of the Career Launcher, a jury comprised of faculty members, a graduate of the CRCP program, and the curatorial committee at Artscape Youngplace will select an artist from the group exhibition and award them a featured solo exhibition during the Scotiabank CONTACT Photography Festival in May 2020.
Additionally, an essay will be commissioned from the CRCP graduate to accompany the solo exhibition.
DEADLINE: April 15, 2019
- Group exhibition - June - July 2019 (4 weeks)
- Solo exhibition - May - June 2020 (3 weeks)
- Must be a Photography student in their Thesis year
- Must be available in June/July 2019 to be involved in this opportunity
Scotiabank CONTACT Photography Festival
- Full contact information (Name, phone, and email) and a current CV
- Confirmation of eligibility ( see Qualifications)
- A brief artist statement (approx. 350 words max)
- Online portfolio links or an attached PDF portfolio highlighting 1-3 proposed works
Please submit all written components in one (1) PDF with separate support images to the attention of Tak Pham: email@example.com