Healthcare Human Factors and The Centre for Emerging Artists and Designers are excited to announce the second Healthcare Human Factors Career Launcher. Graduating students and recent graduates are invited to apply for this paid internship, and one successful applicant will work with the team of human factors professionals, designers, engineers, psychologists, and researchers, uniquely integrated into healthcare. Healthcare Human Factors is provided with unparalleled insights and access to the clinicians and patients for whom they design, test, and create for.
Healthcare Human Factors is the largest Human Factors team dedicated to healthcare internationally. Acting as consultants, researchers, designers and evaluators, we are setting standards and developing best practices for human factors in healthcare, leading cultural change and making an impact locally and worldwide
This opportunity was tailor-made to support the emerging design career of an OCAD U student who is passionate about making a real difference in the lives of patients and healthcare providers. Apply your creative and technical skills and education to help Healthcare Human Factors design the future of healthcare.
RATE: $17.5 - $20/hour for 35 hours/week
TERM: Full-time, 4 - 12 months starting Summer 2019
DEADLINE: February 27, 2019
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Design a variety of engaging marketing artifacts, internal collateral, and client deliverables
- Work collaboratively with other team members to identify and seize design opportunities to improve our brand and visual communications strategies
- Design a wide range of digital and print collateral—including graphics, event materials, presentations, video assets, and more—from concept to production
- Develop templates that give other team members the independence to quickly and smoothly produce great looking work
- Proactively seek out feedback and strive for constant improvement
- Shoot and edit photos and video for our projects, website, and social media
- Bonus: Record and edit audio for a podcast
- Must have strong knowledge of visual design fundamentalsMust have a solid portfolio demonstrating your creative accomplishments and design process.
- Must have an ability to clearly communicate your insights and back-up your design ideas.
- Must have a passion for details, but also an ability to zoom out to see the big picture.
- Cover Letter — tell us why you’re the right person for this job specifically
- Resume or CV — highlighting applicable experience
- Portfolio — showing us your thinking, process, and end-product (can link to an online portfolio or a PDF version)
Applications must be submitted through 2019 Summer Design Internship portal accessible here.
For more information, visit the Career Launchers website.