DEADLINE: Wednesday, August 28, 2019 at midnight
Design4 is an externally funded initiative that introduces principles of experiential learning into the realm of paid professional opportunities for upper-year design students in their third or fourth year at the Undergraduate level (BDES). Students can also be studying in the Faculty of Design at the Masters level (MDES).
HOW WILL IT WORK?
Students will be selected out of a pool of applicants and will have the chance to work part-time in small multi-disciplinary teams for up to 6 months, with the goal of addressing design challenges proposed by employment partners.
Throughout this experience, students will have direct support from The Centre of Emerging Artists and Designers, while receiving critical guidance from project mentors.
Employment partners will be drawn from among four distinct groups, hence the name Design4:
• New start-up ventures
• SME private enterprise
• The cultural sector/ The Arts
• Social innovation/ not for profit
EQUITY AND DIVERSITY
OCAD U’s principles of decolonisation, diversity & equity, sustainability and health/wellness are guiding considerations for the Design4 program.
The Centre for Emerging Artists and Designers will be prioritizing support for the Indigenous & Black Youth Design Initiative developed by the Faculty of Design within the context of Design4.
• Deep industry insight and the chance to build meaningful creative professional relationships that will enhance future employment outcomes
• The opportunity to put discipline-specific design skills into practice and reflect on the portfolio-worthy work that gets produced
• The creation of an institutionally supported community of practice on campus
Current upper-year students in the Faculty of Design in their third or fourth year at the Undergraduate level (BDES) or at the Masters level (MDES)
- Resume that includes full contact information (name, phone number and email)
- Links to online portfolio
- Cover letter
Please send your application to Zviko Mhakayakora, email@example.com
If you have any questions about this opportunity, please contact Zviko Mhakayakora at the above e-mail address.