Expect a stimulating panel discussion on the interdisciplinary nature of fashion research followed by a Q&A. This event is FREE to attend and will conclude with a networking reception (refreshments and beverages will be served).
The launch will include opening remarks by Jacky Au Duong (Manager, The Catalyst) and the panel will be moderated by Dr. Ben Barry and Dr. Alison Matthews David, co-editors & co-founders of Fashion Studies. We are delighted to present this year's panelists:
- Dr. Esther Berry (PhD University of Sydney in Australia; writer, curator, and instructor at Ryerson University)
- Dr. Nigel Lezama (PhD University of Toronto; Assistant Professor at Brock University)
- Romana Mirza (MA Fashion Candidate; incoming PhD student in Communication & Culture, Ryerson University)
- Presley Mills (MA Fashion Candidate; illustrator, designer, and researcher)
- Ketzia Sherman (MA Fashion Graduate; artist, tattooist, researcher, and lecturer at Humber College)
Please RSVP to indicate your attendance: bit.ly/2v3aDIk.
We hope to see you there,
the Fashion Studies team
Funded by the Centre for Fashion Diversity & Social Change (FDSC), Faculty of Communication & Design, Ryerson University
Co-Editors: Dr. Ben Barry and Dr. Alison Matthews David
Graphic Designer: Nabra Badr and Alexa Jovanovic
Editorial Assistant: Jaclyn Marcus
Editorial Intern: Rachel Rammal