DEADLINE: Wednesday, December 3, 2018
RATE: $16.5/ hour for 14 hours/ week
TERM: Part-time, January – December 2019 (48 weeks)
Gallery 44 is a dynamic space and a leading artist-run centre led by a dedicated group of artists, curators and educators, and is currently seeking a part time Curatorial Project Assistant. Reporting directly to the Executive Director and Curator of Exhibitions and Public Programs, the Curatorial Project Assistant will contribute to the research, development and realization of an online exhibition and adjacent programming. The exhibition will be released in five chapters between Spring2019 and Winter 2020, and will functions as a hybrid online gallery/publication.
The Curatorial Project Assistant will work directly with artists, guest curators, designers, and Gallery 44 staff. This is a 14 hour per week position that runs from January 29 to October 31,2019. Strong knowledge of contemporary and historical photography, and digital art and culture is an asset.
Gallery 44 is committed to equity and diversity in all aspects of its operations. G44 welcomes applications from all qualified individuals and strongly encourages applications from members of equity-seeking communities, including women, racialized and Indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, and persons of all sexual orientations and gender identities/expressions. If you are contacted for an interview, please advise us of any accommodations needed to ensure you have access to a fair and equitable process.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Organizes research for each chapter of Gallery 44’s upcoming online exhibition.
- Assembles and organizes all content, images, biographies and logos.
- Organizes programming logistics for associated artist talks, performances, workshops and panel discussions. This may include booking hotels and flights.
- Assists in the preparation of materials for communication and marketing.
- Maintains excellent, timely and professional communication with artists, curators and designers.
- Organizes and maintains artist and curator related information on shared database
- Manages and maintains all aspects of the publication’s website
- General administrative assistance as needed
- Must have graduated from OCADU in 2017 or 2018
- Strong communication skills and professionalism verbally and in writing
- Demonstrated research and presentation skills
- Demonstrated experience with project management and logistics coordination
- A good attention to detail, time-keeping and organizational skills
- Computer skills: Microsoft Office Suite, Adobe Creative Suite. MAC iOS.
- Website management experience
- Experience in writing and editing exhibition and catalogue text is an asset
- Full contact information (Name, phone, and email), a confirmation of eligibility and a current Resume.
- A cover letter outlining interest and relevant background.
- A short one-page writing sample.
- 1 – 2 References
Please submit all written components in one (1) PDF to the attention of Tak Pham email@example.com
For more information, visit the Career Launchers Website