OCAD University’s annual graduate exhibition is underway! The art and design exhibition features the work of some 900 graduating students including the OCAD University Medal Winners for 2018.
Gradex 103 is Toronto’s biggest free art and design exhibition. It takes place in four buildings across campus: the landmark Sharp Centre for Design at 100 McCaul St., as well as the campus buildings at 113, 49 and 51 McCaul St. Exhibits span a wide range of art, design and digital media from 23 programs. Works include robotics, video games, jewelry, sculpture, paintings, illustration, advertising, furniture, building design and more.
One graduating student from each program has been chosen as recipient of the OCAD University Medal in recognition of their creativity, innovation, mastery of technique and high academic achievement.
Undergraduate Medal Winners:
- Advertising – Vibeke Silverthorne
- Environmental Design – Kangmin Lee
- Graphic Design – Graham Nhlamba
- Illustration – Misbah Ahmed
- Industrial Design – Liz Durden
- Material Art & Design – Charize-Nhung Nguyen
- Digital Futures – Ryan Mason
- Indigenous Visual Culture – Debora Puricelli
- Indigenous Visual Culture – Karalyn Reuben
- Visual & Critical Studies – Won Jeon
- Criticism & Curatorial Practice – Rowan Lynch
- Cross-Disciplinary Art: Life Studies – Laura Rojas
- Drawing & Painting – Madeleine Gash Bennett
- Integrated Media – Nanna MBS
- Photography – Aaron Jones
- Printmaking – Hannah Bullock
- Sculpture/Installation – Josi Smit
Graduate Medal Winners:
- Interdisciplinary Master’s in Art, Media and Design – Tara Krebs
- Digital Futures – Afaq Ahmed Karadia
- Strategic Foresight and Innovation – Jamie Calayo and Macy Siu
- Inclusive Design – Felipe Sarmiento
- Criticism & Curatorial Practice – Karina Iskandarsjah
- Contemporary Art, Design and New Media Art Histories – Emily Lawrence
- Design for Health – Filipe Ligabue
GradEx 103 runs Thursday, May 3, through Sunday, May 6.
The public and members of the media are invited to attend opening night celebrations on Thursday, May 3, from 5 p.m. to 11 p.m. Admission is free.
A variety of student works will be available for purchase at feature sales from programs including Photography and Printmaking.
For details and a complete event schedule, visit www.ocadu.ca/gradex or download the free smartphone app with information on wayfinding, exhibitors, Medal Winners and more at www.ocadu.ca/GradExApp .
OCAD University’s annual Graduate Exhibition is generously supported by Title Sponsor basil Developments, Presenting Sponsor Mercedes-Benz Financial Services, First Capital Realty, Borden Ladner Gervais LLP, and Media Sponsor CP24.