DEADLINE: Friday, September 28, 2018
North America’s largest exhibitor of independent and experimental moving image culture is currently seeking a part-time Programming Assistant. This position will work in a collaborative environment to put together a festival including: screenings, exhibitions, performances and events. Images Festival is a dynamic workplace and annual forum for excellence and innovation in contemporary media art.
The Programming Assistant reports directly to Artistic Director and works closely with AD and Programming Coordinator in all areas relating to the production of the 32nd Images Festival (April 11-18, 2019). Experience is key, but a strong interest and passion to learn more will be a strong asset.
RATE: $16/ hour for 20 hours/ week
TERM: Part-time, October, 2018 - May, 2019 (32 weeks)
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Administrate programming database with organizing and pre-screening submissions
- Support technical and logistical aspects of screenings, exhibitions, and live performances
- Organize contacts and artist related information in database
- Communication with participating artists, exhibition venues, and community partners, and organize artists’ participation in exhibition openings, receptions, parties and talks
- Assist the programming team with assembling content, images, biographies and logos for festival catalogue production
- Coordinate travel, accommodation, hospitality, arrival/ departure, and support for guests at the festival, and assistance with coordination of artist fees
- General festival administrative assistance and working with festival staff, interns and volunteers as required
- Must have graduated from OCAD U in 2017 or 2018.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Technical knowledge of film, video, and media installation is an asset
- Strong organization skills to multitask and meet deadlines
- Experience in administrative support with data entry and email correspondence at festivals, art galleries, and artist-run-centres is an asset
- Demonstrated interests in contemporary moving image arts and experimental art practices
- Must be familiar with basic software (Microsoft Word and Excel) and various Content Management Systems
- Class G Drivers License is a strong asset
- Full contact information (Name, phone, and email) and a current CV
- A cover letter outlining interest and relevant background
Please submit all written components in one (1) PDF to the attention of Tak Pham email@example.com