DesignJam Toronto is an all-day innovation jamboree – a curated open space guiding more than a hundred design leaders & design learners, sharing ideas, tools & perspectives, to better understand design thinking & use it to address a complex problem.
Nicknamed "TrafficJam," DesignJam Toronto will gather young leaders, mentors, teams and aspiring entrepreneurs to conceive and develop innovative user experiences and activate ideas to improve mobility in the Greater Toronto & Hamilton region.
Our spotlight will feature great people:
- Adam Lawrence, service innovation director, standup commedian, & co-initiator of Global Sustainability Jam, Global GovJam & Global Service Jam, the world’s biggest service design event
- Jennifer Leonard, founder of Brand New Ways, IDEO alumna, co-author of Massive Change
- Peter Stoyko, Industry Canada service designer whose work visually unpacks urban mobility
- Matti Siemiatycki, U of T expert in transportation policy, infrastructure, and planning
- Roger Keil, York University research chair whose work illuminates global suburbanization
Strategic Innovation Lab (sLab) is a centre for research and innovation at OCAD University. sLab integrates applied research, professional engagement, education and skills development to assist private, public, and not-for-profit organizations attain their goals. sLab trans-disciplinary teams draw on the growing SFI community of researchers and practitioners, design and business professionals, teachers and students, who are passionate about creative economies and sustainable futures. slab.ocadu.ca