RATE: $18 /hour for 35 hours/week
TERM: Full-time, three year contract starting June 4, 2019
DEADLINE: Monday, May 20, 2019
Xpace Cultural Centre welcomes applications for the Career Launcher position of Programming Coordinator. The Programming Coordinator works in collaboration with the Director and second Programming Coordinator to manage, plan and execute workshops, events and exhibitions for Xpace’s exhibition spaces. The Programming Coordinator acts as a liaison between the OCAD U student body, local and national arts organizations, artists and the general public for all information pertaining to Xpace.
Xpace Cultural Centre is a not-for-profit artist-run centre supported by the OCAD Student Union. We are dedicated to providing emerging and student artists, designers, curators and art writers with opportunities to showcase their work in a professional setting. Our programming responds to contemporary issues, and the interests and needs of our membership and community. Xpace is committed to maintaining an anti-oppressive, queer positive environment, welcoming marginalized, racialized and Indigenous folks.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Reporting to the Director, the Programming Coordinator:
- Coordinates the planning and installation of exhibitions in consultation with the Programming Committee;
- Coordinates the planning, promotion and implementation of workshop and event programs;
- Coordinates web and print promotional material;
- Edits exhibition essays and writes exhibition essays as needed;
- Outreaches to student populations at OCAD University and other Toronto institutions;
- Leads occasional art tours for classes and other arts organizations;
- Creates press releases and disseminates programming information to media, Xpace membership and relevant arts organizations;
- Ensures that the vision, mandate and objectives of Xpace are carried out through all programming initiatives;
- Manages the planning, organization and execution of special projects;
- Oversees interns in collaboration with the second Programming Coordinator and Director;
- Maintenance and organization of space, supplies and storage;Co-manages and updates the Xpace website and social media as needed;
- Acts as an ambassador for Xpace and the OCAD Student Union at class visits and OCAD U events.
- Must have graduated from OCAD University in 2018 or 2019 (undergraduate or graduate);
- Excellent administrative, communication, verbal and organizational skills;
- Knowledge and interest in contemporary visual art, design and art writing;
- Comfortable working in a Mac environment;
- Comfortable with Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Photoshop, Microsoft Office and Wordpress;
- Able to work in a collaborative environment;
- Able to work occasional evening shifts for Xpace events;
- Experience in exhibition installation, art writing/editing, arts education, media arts skills and/or grant writing will be considered an asset.
- Full contact information (Name, phone, and email), a confirmation of eligibility and a current resume
- A cover letter outlining interest and relevant background
- A short writing sample
Please submit all written components in one (1) PDF to the attention of Alexandra Hong at firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information, visit the Career Launchers website.