Building on the successful Studio Summit 1 held in Copenhagen in August 2014, the Resilience Design Lab at OCAD University in collaboration with Autodesk is organizing Studio Summit 2. The theme “Moving Studios into the Digital Age” explores the topic of studio pedagogy for business, engineering, and science education. Deadline for application June 5, 2017
Studio Summit 2 will be held on October 12 and 13, 2017 at Autodesk’s new research facilities in Toronto and will bring together about 30 select participants from around the world. They will exchange knowledge and experience about how studio methods can be scaled up using evolved pedagogy and digital technologies.
The Program Committee consists of:
- Moura Quayle, Director, Liu Institute for Global Issues, University of British Columbia
- Stefan Meisiek, Director, Educational Innovation in Business, University of Sydney
- Fawwaz Habbal, Executive Dean, Harvard School of Engineering & Applied Science (SEAS)
- Barbara Klinkhammer, Executive Dean, College of Architecture and the Built Environment, Philadelphia University
- Ramtin Attar, Head of Design & Social impact, Autodesk
- Angèle Beausoleil, Innovation Strategist, Sauter School of Business, University of British Columbia
- Nabil Harfoush, Director, Resilience Design Lab, OCAD University
- Michele Mastroeni, Professor, Strategic Foresight & Innovation, OCAD University
The Summit experience consists of interactive sessions, panels and team-led exercises. To apply for an invitation, applicants are asked to send a half-page to one-page description of their potential contribution to the summit’s theme. Please send your "applications" to email@example.com on or before June 5th, 2017.
Topics of interest may include:
- Harnessing the power of digital technology for studio pedagogy
- What elements of the studio approach are most at risk in a digital environment?
- Hybrid approaches: the best of both worlds?
- Reacting to the digital: moving towards or moving away?
- Creating a more accessible studio environment with digital tools
- Studio learning at a distance
- UI/UX for the studio learning environment
- Building connections: plug-in or unplug?
Studio Summit 2 registration fee is $395. Accepted participants will be provided with a password to access an Eventbrite site, where they can register and pay the fee online.
Organizers are also interested in connecting with technology suppliers, who enable digital studio pedagogy and would like to demonstrate their platforms.