DEADLINE: Monday, January 7, 2019
RATE: $16/ hour for 18 hours/ week
TERM: Part-time, January 31 2019 – February 1 2020 (52 weeks)
Sur Gallery and the CEAD are seeking for a part-time Gallery Administrator who will be responsible to provide administrative and general office support and to execute outreach plans including social media and website management. Ideal candidate will be self-confident, a highly organized arts professional with strong interpersonal, communication skills and a positive attitude.
Sur Gallery is Toronto's first gallery space dedicated to the implementation of art projects, which showcase and promote contemporary Latin American artistic practices. Initiatives are aimed to socially innovate, critically engage, lending itself to opportunities of national relevance in order to begin to develop global networks of exchange. Sur Gallery is a project of LACAP.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Reporting to theDirector/ Curator, the Gallery Administrator will
- Work collaboratively and coordinate on outreach and communication activities including newsletters, emails and inquiries, as well as, maintaining LACAP and Sur Gallery websites and social media
- Work with the Director/Curator and designer on promotional materials including printed, web and social media outreach strategies required to market events/productions and plan and execute distribution of materials
- Develop, coordinate and maintain current audiences and new relationships with partners and community organizations including (but not limited to) current and potential audiences, donors, sponsors, partners, members and volunteers
- Organize (as required) and attend LACAP/Sur Gallery events
- Administer financials such as donations and purchases with supervision and direction of Bookkeeper
- Administer Exhibition Assistance applications and sponsorship applications
- Provide other administrative support such as scheduling, office maintenance, database management and report
- Must be an upper-year student or recent graduate from OCADU in 2017 or 2018.
- Experience in making and exhibiting large size work is an asset.
- Previous experience in art commission is an asset.
- Full contact information (Name, phone, and email), a confirmation of eligibility and a current resume.
- A cover letter outlining interest and relevant background.
- 3 References
Please submit all written components in one (1) PDF to the attention of Tak Pham firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information, visit the Career Launchers Website