DEADLINE: Monday, January 21, 2019
RATE: $16.5/ hour for 35 hours/ week
TERM: Full-time, February - July 2019 (20 weeks)
The Museum Services & Communications Associate will work directly with staff to enhance the Museum experience for our visitors and will support the Communication department in executing the Museum’s communication and marketing program; communicating the vision, mission and programming of the TMC to targeted diverse audiences.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Principal Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
Museum Services (50% of time)
- Greets visitors and provides reception services, including handling cash and directing general inquiries.
- Performs opening and closing security routines for institutional programs and facility rental events and security sweeps during operating hours.
- Serves as an advocate for the visitor while simultaneously promoting the welfare of the Museum.
- Assist Shop volunteers in all aspects of providing exceptional customer service, including product knowledge and merchandising ideas.
- Participate in staff meetings, health & safety training initiatives and support overall office management.
Communications (50% of time)
- Research best practises in digital and online marketing and community engagement and make recommendations to the Communications department.
- Originate and implement cross-promotional relationships with other key cultural institutions and businesses.
- Assist in the creation of a wide variety of communication tools, including news releases, reports, briefing materials, interpretive documents, and other communication material to advocate and support all TMC programs.
- Support and develop content for social media (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram) and website.
- Work with staff to identify potential media opportunities and stories.
- Works to further the goals and objectives of the Museum and participates actively in the life of the institution.
- Acts in a respectful, accountable, and generous manner towards other staff, volunteers, and the general public.
- Must have graduated from OCADU in 2017 or 2018.
- Excellent communications, interpersonal and analytical skills, including demonstrated conflict resolution skills.
- Advanced customer service skills, knowledge of cash handling, retail sales, office administration and Experience working with volunteers.
- Experience in media relations, comfortable in dealing with the press and social media.
- Self-motivated; ability to problem solve and manage workflows and deadlines independently.
- Impeccable attention to detail, adaptability, multi-tasking and time management.
- Strong computer skills (MS Office Suite, POS, and e-mail).
- Smart Serve, First Aid and CPR certificates (assets).
- Prior art museum experience and knowledge of museum operations, standards, practices, and procedures (asset).
- Full contact information (Name, phone, and email), a confirmation of eligibility and a current résumé.
- A cover letter outlining interest and relevant background.
Please submit all written components in one (1) PDF to the attention of Tak Pham email@example.com
For more information, visit the Career Launchers Website