Yorkville Village Arts Festival Pop Up Shop
CALL FOR SUBMISSIONS: OCAD U Students, Alumni & Faculty
DEADLINE: THURSDAY, OCTOBER 13TH, MIDNIGHT
We are looking for a diverse selection of artworks (ceramics, prints, jewellery, illustrations, textiles, artist multiples, bags, cards, paintings, small sculptures…) that showcase the talents of the OCAD U community. The selected work will be sold at the OCAD U Pop Up Shop in Yorkville Village from Nov 3-13th as part of the Yorkville Village Arts Festival.
Each artist will set their own price. We recommend submitting work priced between $2 to $50 and framed/large-scale work that is under $1000. Please note that 10% of the sales price will be deducted to cover the costs of shop staffing and management. (Example, if you price your work at $20. You will receive $18 and the Pop Up Shop will keep $2.)
Selected artists will be notified by Tuesday, October 18th.
Display ready prints and objects must be delivered to the Faculty of Art Office located in room 401, 4th floor of 100 McCaul before FRIDAY, OCTOBER 28TH before 4:00 pm.
Pieces accepted for the shop will require the following:
*Each work must have a business card/artist information securely attached
*A price list/removable price tag for each object.
*A list of all work and supplies delivered
- Fragile items (ceramics, 3D objects…): bubble wrap/boxes
- 2D prints: each image packaged in a clear bag with a white backing board. (These are available at Aboveground Art Supplies.)
- Textiles (scarfs, bags, shirts…) please let us know if your works require hanging or if they can be displayed on tables.
- Small objects: bags/specialized displays if needed
- Note: the Pop Up Shop will provide medium-sized bags for customers
* Unsold work will be available for pick up the week of Nov 14th and payment for sold works will be distributed in mid-December – mid-January.
HOW TO APPLY:
*In a Dropbox folder, please include the following:
- Up to 10 jpgs (1024 pixels on the longest side) of the objects you are proposing for the sale. Files should be titled as follows: File number_1st FirstInitial_Last Name_Student/Alumni/Faculty.jpg Example: 01_A_Hup_Student.jpg
- Info sheet (.doc) that contains: Your name and contact info (email and phone number), Image list (title/object, size, medium, date and price. Please include framing/display information for large-scale pieces.)
*Share this Dropbox folder with email@example.com
*Works for the Pop Up Shop will be selected by a diverse jury with representatives from the Faculty of Art & Design.
*Please note: Although we will not be able to confirm receipt of the work, we will contact all that applied with the results.
ADDITIONAL QUESTIONS? PLEASE CONTACT Jenn Long at firstname.lastname@example.org or Jennie Suddick at email@example.com. Please include “Pop Up Shop” in the email title.