Using the proprietary Megamap© process and foresight methods we supported TRCA in prioritizing and visualizing its complex data for the updated Living City Report Card. We also synthesized all major components in an 8’ x 4’ Megamap©.
- Establish foresight-based criteria for prioritizing and selecting information for the Living City Report Card (LCRC)
- Facilitating internal negotiations about priorities and messages among stakeholders
- Identifying and profiling key target audiences for the LCRC communication
- Facilitating articulation of cross-departmental strategic messages
- Reviewing and processing selected data pre-visualization
- Development of key visual concepts for LCRC
- Deliver 15 one-page Infographics for the individual indicators of LCRC
- Synthesize all Infographics in one Megamap©
How might TRCA prioritize, select, and synthesize key information from the wealth of data they have to optimize the effectiveness of its updated LCRC?
A Joint team from TRCA and OCAD’s Resilience Design Lab implemented the Living City Report Card project. We introduced TRCA team members to concepts of strategic foresight and co-designed a workshop for TRCA key staff, in which a foresight exercise was used to form a common vision of the possible futures. This common vision was then used as a basis to resolve differences in prioritizing data.
We led our colleagues at TRCA through the Megamap© process that helped them to identify and profile the intended target audience of LCRC, and negotiate the 50+ different messages of the various departments to a group of less than 10 priority messages supported by all groups.
Building on this strong collective understanding and objectives we reviewed and screened data submitted to support the common messages, proposed visual concepts to span all visualizations and developed 15 one-page inforgraphics for the indicators presented in the LCRC.
Finally we synthesized all indicator visualizations into one 8’ x 4’ Megamap©
Visit the Living City Report Card website for more information.