Area(s) of ExpertiseInnovation Leadership, Business Model Innovation, Information Networks, Business Design, Collaboration in Transdisciplinary Teams, resilience design, Strategic Foresight and Innovation
Trusted Advisor, Privy Council Office Innovation Hub, Government of Canada
Associate, Harvard School of Engineering and Applied Science (SEAS)
Adjunct Faculty, University of Philadelphia
CIO and VP Corporate Development of HelpCaster Technologies, a Toronto based software company offering solutions for live web commnications in a SaaS model.
CIO of MedcomSoft and Nightingale Informatix, two publicly traded companies offering clinical management and electronic medical record solutions delivered in traditional and SaaS models.
I also run since 2002 my own boutique consultancy, Manara International.
Master's degree in Computer Engineering (Germany)
Ph.D. suma cum laude in digital data communications (Germany)
Executive Development Program - Schulich School of Business (York University).
- Over 40 years of practice as an engineer, technology strategist, entrepreneur, and executive.
- Founder or co-founder of four companies.
- Consulted for enterprises, national governments, and international organization including the World Bank, W.H.O., UNESCO, and the International Development Research Center.
- Invited speaker at Harvard's SEAS, –Ecole des Ponts (France), d.school Paris Est, and Politecnico de Milano.
- L. Richards, N. Harfoush. –The Master of Design in Strategic Foresight and Innovation (SFI) at OCAD University–, in book Creating Innovation Leaders: A Global Perspective. Ed. Banny Banerjee and Stefano Ceri. Springer, Understanding Innovation Series, 2016. PP. 187-200; ISBN-13: 978-3-319-20519-9; 978-3-319-20520-5
- P. Bertola, N. Harfoush, F. Vacca. –Charting Interdisciplinary Innovation Programs: Maps of Experiences–. Creating Innovation Leaders: A Global Perspective. Ed. Banny Banerjee and Stefano Ceri. Understanding Innovation Series (2016th Edition). Springer, 2015 [ISBN-13: 978-3319205199 and ISBN-10: 3319205196]
- Harfoush, Nabil. –Developing Sustainable Business Models."Disrupt Together: How Teams Consistently Innovate. Ed. Stephen Spinelli and Heather McGowan. Upper Saddle River, New Jersey: Pearson Education, 2013. 167-78. Print. Harfoush, N. (2011).
- The Impact of Mobility on Social and Political Movement. In B. Ciaramitaro (Ed.), Mobile Technology Consumption: Opportunities and Challenges. Hershey, PA: IGI Global
- Harfoush, N. and Jeremijenko, N (2010). Sustainability for Critical Thinking & Making Collectives. DIY Citizenship: Critical Making & Social Media Conference. Toronto
Professional Affiliations / Boards / Juries
- Fellow of the College for Design, Engineering & Commerce (DEC) at Philadelphia University
- Tides Canada - Board Member
- TRIEC - Connector Advisory Board Member
- Member of Overlap 2007, 2011
- Women in Technology (WIT) Mentor
- Judge for Smart Government Awards 2016, Dubai, UAE
- Board of Smart Systems for Health Agency (2005-2008)