Area(s) of ExpertiseInnovation Leadership, Business Design, Transdisciplinary Team Dynamics, Resilient Futures, Strategic Foresight
Associate, Harvard School of Engineering and Applied Science (SEAS)
Adjunct Faculty, Jefferson University
Invited speaker, Berkley University, Harvard Kennedy School, London School of Economics, Politecnico de Milano, École des Ponts (Paris)
CIO and VP Corporate Development of HelpCaster Technologies, a Toronto based software company offering solutions for live web communications in a SaaS model.
CIO of MedcomSoft and Nightingale Informatix, two publicly traded companies offering clinical management and electronic medical record solutions delivered in traditional and SaaS models.
President & CWO, Manara International, my own boutique consultancy since 2002.
Master's degree in Computer Engineering (Germany)
Ph.D. suma cum laude in digital data communications (Germany)
Executive Development Program - Schulich School of Business (York University).
- 50 years of practice as an engineer, technology strategist, entrepreneur, and executive
- Founding faculty of the SFI Program
- Founder of OCAD’s Resilience Design Lab
- Co-founder of Strongly Sustainable Business Models Group (SSBMG)
- Founder or co-founder of four companies
- Consulted for enterprises, national governments, and international organization such as: the World Bank, W.H.O., UNESCO, and the International Development Research Center
- L. Richards, N. Harfoush. –The Master of Design in Strategic Foresight and Innovation (SFI) at OCAD University–, in book Creating Innovation Leaders: A Global Perspective. Ed. Banny Banerjee and Stefano Ceri. Springer, Understanding Innovation Series, 2016. PP. 187-200; ISBN-13: 978-3-319-20519-9; 978-3-319-20520-5
- P. Bertola, N. Harfoush, F. Vacca. –Charting Interdisciplinary Innovation Programs: Maps of Experiences–. Creating Innovation Leaders: A Global Perspective. Ed. Banny Banerjee and Stefano Ceri. Understanding Innovation Series (2016th Edition). Springer, 2015 [ISBN-13: 978-3319205199 and ISBN-10: 3319205196]
- Harfoush, Nabil. –Developing Sustainable Business Models- in "Disrupt Together: How Teams Consistently Innovate”. Ed. Stephen Spinelli and Heather McGowan. Upper Saddle River, New Jersey: Pearson Education, 2013. 167-78. Print. Harfoush, N. (2011).
- Harfoush N. The Impact of Mobility on Social and Political Movement- in B. Ciaramitaro (Ed.), Mobile Technology Consumption: Opportunities and Challenges. Hershey, PA: IGI Global
- Harfoush, N. and Jeremijenko, N (2010). Sustainability for Critical Thinking & Making Collectives. DIY Citizenship: Critical Making & Social Media Conference. Toronto
Professional Affiliations / Boards / Juries
- Fellow of the College for Design, Engineering & Commerce (DEC) at Jefferson University
- Tides Canada - Board Member (2011 – 2018)
- TRIEC - Connector Advisory Board Member
- Trusted Advisor, Privy Council Office Innovation Hub, Government of Canada (2016-2018)
- Member of Overlap 2007 and 2011
- Women in Technology (WIT) Mentor
- Judge for Smart Government Awards 2016, Dubai, UAE
- Board of Smart Systems for Health Agency (2005-2008)