"Willows for Wellness" is having an Open Call For Submissions, an Exhibit, and will host three (3) Interactive Workshops on the subject of mental health awareness and advocacy!
We encourage works that specifically relate to Alzheimers Disease but are interested in works in all kinds of mediums and media that address personal relationships to mental health, themes of advocacy and work promoting awareness!
- Submissions are due November 1, 2018, 11:59 PM.
- Applications will be reviewed November 1 to 4, 2018.
- Successful applicants will be contacted with further details by November 5, 2018.
- PLEASE NOTE: If your work requires technology/equipment for display it will be the responsibility of the Artist/Designer to provide the equipment themselves. Internet connection cannot be guaranteed.
Please Submit To: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSdsNAyh16lgoZLfaxnhYdE5Z4AGjEJ2akCkiyg1kUWFW2zjNw/viewform?usp=sf_link
EXHIBIT & WORKSHOPS:
Workshops will be facilitated by the following "Willows For Wellness" members:
- Nora Bahgat: A baking enthusiast, Nora will guide you through a relaxing and fun session of decorating delcious, baked, gluten-free vegan goodies!
- Kaya Joan: Hit the books! or rather make one! Zine building with Kaya will help bring your inner author to life through drawing and text work!
- Hekter Franklin: Keeps us up to date with whats hip! Join Hekter as they show us how to get down and funky with acorn instrument creation!
Date: Thursday, November 8, 2018
Time: 5:00 PM to 9 PM
Location: 49 McCaul Street
ABOUT "WILLOWS FOR WELLNESS"
Willows for Wellness is a not-for-profit organization that hosts mental health awareness events, in effort to educate spectators about various mental illnesses and how they affect those who struggle with them through interactive workshops, art exhibis and inofrmational talks. This months event is focusing specifically on Alzheimers disease and a portion of sales from the silent auction will be donated to the Alzheimers Society of Toronto. The goal of our exhibition and workshops event is to address mental health and seeks to provide a safe space where people can have a conversation about stigma and mental health awareness.
We want to thank you all for your interest and aim to show as much work as possible!
Remember to practice both Self Care and Self Love, reach out to a trusted loved on and remember you are not alone and more than what you struggle with.
Willows For Wellness