DEADLINE: Friday, September 28, 2018
Working with and reporting to the Artistic Director, the Programs Coordinator contributes to the planning, administration, and implementation of Festival programming, including exhibitions, events, outreach, and special initiatives. With a keen interest in art, design, and community, this role requires effective ideation, communication, collaboration, and execution. Valuable attributes include excellent writing and editing, attention to detail, self-motivation, and a willingness to learn. This is a part-time position, requiring an average of 10 hours of work per week, and increased hours during Festival Week.
This position is supported through the Career Launchers Program.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Collaborate with the Artistic Director and programming team to achieve Festival goals and long-term vision;
- Contribute to overall programming efforts by developing, organizing, and implementing initiatives and projects, including research, outreach, and calls for submissions;
- Contribute to Festival website by researching or interviewing designers, writing for the blog, and populating the Festival Week schedule of events;
- Maintain good communication with the art and design community, partners, and stakeholders as appropriate to each project;
- Be responsible for the progress and outcomes of initiatives and projects you lead and/or coordinate;
- Contribute to grant applications and reporting by writing narratives and collecting data, as applicable
- Support festival events and projects by being an on-site point-of-contact and/or lead; and
- General responsibilities including but not limited to: maintain regular and timely correspondence with team members; attend regular team meetings; act as an ambassador for the Festival; attend and facilitate Festival events.
RATE: $16/ hour with flexible weekly schedules
TERM: Part-time, January, 2019 - January, 2020 (13 months)
- Must have graduated from OCAD U in 2017 or 2018.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated curatorial and programming experience in arts and design
- Ability to take directions and execute tasks
- Ability to work independently and take initiatives
- Full contact information (Name, phone, and email) and a current CV
- A cover letter outlining interest and relevant background
- One (1) short writing sample
For more information, please visit https://careerlaunchers.format.com/5646914-2019-todo-programs-coordinator