OCAD University’s Faculty of Art is looking for a Junior Managing Editor to support the upcoming Faculty of Art’s publication celebrating the history of the Nomadic Residency. Reporting to the Associate Dean, Outreach & Innovation, the Junior Managing Editor will assist in research, edit, and production activities to ensure timely delivery of a quality publication.
Launched in 2006 with the generous support of Partners in Art, Nomadic Residents aims to inspire and influence the OCAD University community and the public by featuring artists and thinkers from around the world whose work questions issues such as travel, mobility, displacement, dislocation and homelessness, as well as the speed or instability of modern life. In bringing these innovative and diverse individuals to take up temporary residence at OCAD U, Nomadic Residents joins here to there, the local to the global and the provisional and the permanent. The series continues with the generous support of the Jack Weinbaum Family Foundation.
RATE: $16.50/hour for 28 hours/week
TERM: Part-time starting June 2019 (20 weeks)
DEADLINE: Monday, June 17, 2019
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Coordinate editorial publications and meetings for artists, contributing writers, and designers
- Research and organize the Nomadic Resident Archive
- Plan and manage content, including rights and permissions and production schedules
- Build and nurture a team of talented writers, designers and producers
- Work on the design and layout of the publication
- Assist with proofreading procedures and edit copy when necessary
- Assist in evaluating finalized copy for compliance with policies, style and tone
- OCADU graduates from 2018/ 2019 or current students at the masters level.
- Strong interest in publications, especially art publication.
- Strong communication skills and professionalism verbally and in writing
- Demonstrated research and presentation skills
- Demonstrated experience with project management and logistics coordination
- A good attention to detail, timekeeping and organizational skills Computer skills: Microsoft Office Suite, Adobe, Creative Suite. MAC OSX.
- Full contact information (Name, phone, and email) and current CV.
- Confirmation of eligibility
- Cover letter outlining interest and relevant experience
- A writing sample of publications, essays, or reports
Please submit all written components in one (1) PDF to the attention of Zviko Mhakayakora firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information, visit the Career Launchers website.