“...ordinary people...” don’t care about the Arts
-Canadian Prime Minister Stephen Harper
- The Harper government has just cut $60 million from Arts and Culture funding
- Harper wants to stop artists he sees as "people with narrow ideological agendas"; "people who are rich celebrities"; "really very fringe groups"
How does this affect YOU?
- Less Support for Emerging Artists
- Fewer opportunities for Canadian Artists & Designers to work on an international scale
- A displacement of Canada's long-time standing as a centre of creativity
- Less funding for Art & Design Galleries and Centres
- An undoing of networks of exchange in the creative industries
- Significant job loss in Canada's strong Arts & Culture economy
VOTE FOR YOUR FUTURE!
YOUR VOTE COUNTS!
Find Out More! OCAD hosts an Artists and Designers Town Hall
Friday, May 23, 2008 - 1:00pm to Friday, June 13, 2008 - 9:00pm
Submission of faculty’s statement of intention to apply for SSHRC funding to the Research Office at Room 1512, Level 5, 113 McCaul Street.
Include a 2 page project overview/outline with budget and a note indicating that the Dean is aware of the application and agrees to faculty submitting research proposal.
Please submit hard copy with researcher’s signature and electronic copy by email to email@example.com