Issues of Indigenous Curation
- To link to the global cultures, artist work and discourses of the other (in relation to the West)
- To create a complete bibliography of exhibits and critical essays
- To create a library of images of art, artists, curators, exhibits, activities etc.
- To synthesize the key ideas from the research of art, artists, curators, exhibits and activities
- To identify key curators and their curatorial strategies
In the summer of 2016, Rhéanne Chartrand was invited by Dr. Gerald McMaster to conduct research in relation to the development of the course, Issues in Indigenous Curation. As an emerging curator, Chartrand embraced the opportunity to reexamine the Indigenous art historical record to gain a fuller sense of the emergence and development of Indigenous curatorship, and the key themes, issues, and shifts that emerged out of, or in response to, its articulation.