The Office of Research & Innovation is hosting information sessions and grant writing workshops in advance of the Social Sciences and Humanities (SSHRC) Insight Development Grant submission deadline in February 2020. The SSHRC IDG provides up to $75,000 over two years to support research in its initial stages.
This funding is especially applicable to emerging scholars and supports the development of new research questions and/or approaches.
Three identical sessions will be held for the SSHRC IDG. More sessions may be available, depending on demand.
- IDG Information Session 1 (in-person): October 17, 11:30am - 12:30pm
- IDG Information Session 2 (in-person): October 22, 2:00pm - 3:00pm
- IDG Information Session 3 (online): October 30, 11:00am - 12:00pm
- Registration is required for the online session. The meeting ID is 315-174-308
Four interactive workshops will be held, each covering a different component of a standard research grant application. While the sessions will be applicable to any research grant application, they will be modeled closest to typical SSHRC grants. If you are unable to attend all the workshops, select the ones that are most applicable to you. Please reach out if you have further questions about the focus of any of the workshops.
- Workshop 1: The Core Proposal: October 17, 12:30pm-1:30pm
- Workshop 2: Online Forms and Additional Information: October 22, 3:00pm-4:00pm
- Workshop 3: Budget: October 30, 12:00pm-1:00pm
- Workshop 4: Summary and Pulling it All Together: November 6, 1:00pm-2:00pm
All infosessions and workshops will take place in Rm. RHA 701K, 205 Richmond St. West.
Please RSVP to email@example.com if you would like to attend.