Long Winter, Toronto’s all-ages, pay-what-you-can seasonal series of underground and DIY music, visual art, installation, reading, food, and dance (and more) have partnered with the Integrated Media and Digital Painting & Expanded Animation program, and the Centre for Emerging Artists & Designers to announce the Long Winter Career Launcher. The exciting opportunity to create new work and participate in a dynamic public event is open to upper year students or recent graduates of the Integrated Media, DPXA, and Digital Futures programs.
OCAD U students and recent alumni are invited to apply for this paid opportunity by submitting a project proposal for a new, or newly updated, digital video artwork. The Long Winter team will provide a lively professional venue and large public audience of 600 - 800 for this commissioned work. The selected work will be featured as a projection in one of two upcoming Long Winter events; held at Workman Arts (Dufferin and Dundas) on Feb. 21 and/or Mar. 21, 2020.
Long Winter’s programming team, along with OCAD U Faculty, will select a winning proposal and The Centre for Emerging Artists & Designers will provide a $2,000 production grant/artist fee towards the realization of this outstanding opportunity.
- Must be a current student or recent graduate (2018 or 2019) of the OCAD U Integrated Media, DPXA, Digital Futures programs.
- A priority will be given to applicants with a screen-based practice with a focus on dynamic, moving images, and/or animation.
LOOKING FOR SUPPORT OR INSPIRATION?
- Interested applicants are encouraged to attend the January 11, 2020 Long Winter event to best inform their proposal.
- On January 15, 2020 at 2:30pm, an on-campus info-session/submission workshop will be offered by CEAD Staff and Tommy Truong, DPXA alumni and past Long Winter presenting artist. Interested applicants are encouraged to attend to receive guidance and assistance with their applications. This session will be held on Level 3, 115 McCaul St. Event Listing
- If you have any questions about this opportunity, please contact Zviko Mhakayakora, at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Long Winter Career Launcher”
- Full contact information (Name, phone, and email)
- Current CV listing relevant creative experience
- A link to your online portfolio. Please provide direct links to relevant past work. Please provide links for recorded portfolio material on a host page (Vimeo, YouTube etc.). Please do not include video files in your application; only links.
- A project proposal and brief artist statement that contextualizes your overall practice and communicates your interest in the opportunity. Please include a very clear expression of your proposed project.
Please see Typeform application portal for full submission requirements.
- Sunday, January 19, 2020 at midnight (EST)