DEADLINE: Monday, January 28, 2019
RATE: $16.5/ hour for 35 hours/ week
TERM: Full-time, May - August 2019 (16 weeks)
The Centre for Emerging Artists & Designers is excited to announce the return of the Parks Canada Career Launcher for Photography students. Students are invited to apply for this opportunity and a successful applicant will be employed at Rouge Park - Canada’s first national urban park. The recipient will split their time between the office and the filed; processing images in the Rouge National Urban Park photo library, shooting imagery and doing graphic design.
Successful applicant will also receive a $500 equipment grant from the CEAD.
A rich assembly of natural, cultural and agricultural landscapes, Rouge National Urban Park is home to amazing biodiversity, some of the last remaining working farms in the Greater Toronto Area, Carolinian ecosystems, Toronto’s only campground, one of the region’s largest marshes, unspoiled beaches, amazing hiking opportunities, and human history dating back over 10,000 years, including some of Canada’s oldest known Indigenous sites.
Parks Canada is excited to work towards the establishment of Canada’s first national urban park – Rouge National Urban Park – in the Greater Toronto Area.
- Must be a graduating Photography student or a recent Photography graduate from the class of 2018
- Must possess a valid driver’s license
- Available to hold a 5 day week position between May and August 2019
- Available to work on some weekends
- Willing to undergo a basic security screening
- Open to wearing a uniform for special events
- Social media skills and experience is desired
- Interests and skills in videography and graphic design will be considered as an asset
- Full contact information (Name, phone, and email)
- Current CV, listing relevant creative experience
- Online portfolio or an attached PDF portfolio
- Examples of social media and/or videography experience
- A statement of interest that contextualizes your creative practice and communicates your interest in the opportunity. Why are you a good match?
- Written confirmation of the Parks Canada conditions of employment(see Qualifications listed to the left)
Please submit all written components in one (1) PDF to the attention of Tak Pham firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information, visit the Career Launchers website.