Tough Guy Mountain and the Centre for Emerging Artists & Designers are excited to announce the Brandscape Residency Career Launcher 2018 providing an OCADU graduate working with VR/AR or other digital media a 6-month residency at the Brandscape located at 1136 Dupont St. Toronto.
The successful applicant will have access to all available facility at the Brandscape as well as a mentorship on video editing and post-production from Tough Guy Mountain. Additionally, the artist in residency will also receive a production stipend from the CEAD.
The Brandscape is an artist studio, a new media lab and a rentable event/shooting space. It is a 2500 square foot hall equipped with a 12’x12’x10’ cyclowall. It was established in 2016 by the artist-run company Tough Guy Mountain.
Tough Guy Mountain (TGM) is a Toronto based artist-run company focusing on the glories, trials, and absurdity of late capitalism. As an artist collective of over a dozen members, TGM creates “total works of art”, presentations of capitalist aesthetic and consumer culture. TGM creates narrative performances where the collective plays a fantastical corporation that treats Art as another client.
- Must have graduated from OCAD U in 2017 or 2018.
- Recommended programs: DPXA. DIGF. INTM, PHOT, DF, IAMD
Friday, September 14, 2018
1136 Dupont St. Toronto, ON, Canada
- Full contact information (Name, phone, and email) and a current CV.
- Biography and artist statement.
- Project proposal for the residency (200 words) with visual support (jpeg images or links to video).
- 200-word statement considering the possibilities and limitations of artist spaces, their operations, and the role of artists in Toronto.
Please submit all written components in one (1) PDF with separate visual attachments to the attention of Tak Pham firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information, please visit https://careerlaunchers.format.com/2018-brandscape-residency