“...ordinary people...” don’t care about the Arts
-Canadian Prime Minister Stephen Harper
- The Harper government has just cut $60 million from Arts and Culture funding
- Harper wants to stop artists he sees as "people with narrow ideological agendas"; "people who are rich celebrities"; "really very fringe groups"
How does this affect YOU?
- Less Support for Emerging Artists
- Fewer opportunities for Canadian Artists & Designers to work on an international scale
- A displacement of Canada's long-time standing as a centre of creativity
- Less funding for Art & Design Galleries and Centres
- An undoing of networks of exchange in the creative industries
- Significant job loss in Canada's strong Arts & Culture economy
VOTE FOR YOUR FUTURE!
YOUR VOTE COUNTS!
Find Out More! OCAD hosts an Artists and Designers Town Hall